Ride to Work or Home
Oak Motors will attempt to provide a ride to work or home:
- If the repairs will take more than two hours to complete.
- If the trip is a 30 minute one way drive or less from the dealership.
- If the need is between the hours of 8:00am and 4:00pm Monday thru Friday.
- If there is a conflict with availability or scheduling, warranty repair customers will take priority over all preferred customer service repair customers.
Oak Motors will attempt to provide a rental to use:
- If the warranty repair requires eight labor hours or more to complete. Generally, these will be powertrain repairs such as the replacement of the engine, transmission or drive axle.
- If there is a rental vehicle available.
- If the customer can produce a valid driver’s license to be photo copied and Oak Motors can verify, via fax, that the customer has valid full coverage insurance in place on the vehicle in service prior to receiving the rental vehicle.
- If the customer understands he/she is the only authorized driver of the rental vehicle.
- The customer must be 21 years of age or older. The cost of the rental vehicle is $20 per week.
- If the customer understands that they are fully responsible for the condition of the rental while in their possession, including maintaining the relative level of cleanliness and returning the vehicle with the same level of gas as it was received. If not, then the customer agrees to satisfy the charges to return the vehicle back into the received condition just as any other rental company would expect or be pursued legally and the customer will be excluded from future use of the rental program.
Oak Motors rentals are reserved for warranty repairs and specifically powertrain warranty repairs. The replacement of the engine, transmission or the drive axle can take up to 7 to 10 days depending on parts availability, shipping, installation and quality control. Oak Motors understands the lack of transportation for that period of time is difficult and that all of our customers may not have access to alternative transportation or be able to rent a vehicle for a variety of reasons and that is the reason we offer our rental program. Ask us for more details!Categories: Vehicle Maintenance